The countdown to Thanksgiving is officially under way now that Wine Lines has kicked off its series of blogs featuring unique recipes, wine pairing suggestions and lots more (http://winelinesonline.com/2012/11/countdown-to-turkey-day-recipes-wine-pairing-tips-and-more/).
Our own Tom Madrecki has put together a wonderful menu for the big day, and he’ll be posting the recipes over the next several days — beginning tomorrow, in fact.
Today, let’s take a look at what Tom has in store…
• Homemade bread and butter
• House-cured salmon
• Local cheeses
• Oysters with celery-juniper granite
(Each Cooked Separately)
• Grilled broccoli with lime
• Turnips slow cooked in butter
• Whole-roasted Vidalia onions
• Confit tomatoes
• Pan-fried porcini
• Duck-fat sweet potatoes and brown sugar caramel
• Roast turkey with mushroom gravy and curry
• Buttermilk pie and ginger sorbet
• Roasted beets, cranberry granite, blueberries and herbs
Look for Tom’s first few recipes tomorrow!